Menu

Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People)

Welcome, Guest
- - - -
Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People)

mchalej - 19 Apr 2017 22:52
Re: Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People)
Ashenafi,

SATO products are currently manufactured in Bangladesh, Uganda, and Kenya. By July we will be manufacturing and distributing in India and Nigeria as well.

The door design that will be produced across Africa does not require addition of concrete. The geometry itself provides the counterweight.

We will soon be launching a website with all of the product variations and numbering. I will post a link when it goes live.

Jim
AndrewKoolhof - 21 Apr 2017 09:41
Re: Sanitation Product Development for Sub-Saharan Africa - affordable, aspirational latrine products, SaTo (American Standard Brands, USA and Water for People)
Hi All,

I am very interested in the potential of the SaTo products over here in Cambodia in areas that experiences drought or extended seasonal periods with no rainfall. Sourcing water for standard ceramic pour-flush latrines can be a significant burden or discouragement for households to build a latrine.

I would be very interested to hear about anyone's experience with the SanBox product (which includes the foot-plate and distribution chamber as well as the SaTo pan). To me the SanBox product looks to be functionally & visually similar to a ceramic pour-flush squat pan and I think this will be important in its desirability in Cambodia.
Has anyone imported the SanBox product to their country from Bangladesh?

I also think that having a website with information on each of the SaTo products, as well as contact details for further information or product supply will be valuable.

Andrew
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds